For this week’s ‘pocketvillage partner of the week‘, please say hello to Intrepid Travel from Melbourne, Australia. We asked them 5 questions to find out more about them:
Picture: Bruno Dawson, Intrepid Trip Leader in Sri Lanka and winner of Wanderlust Magazine’s Guide of the Year 2011. Bruno recently visited London to collect his award from Bill Bryson, one of the judges.
1. Fave City in the world: Hong Kong… the world’s best skyline, an incredible buzz, beautiful beaches and epic walking trails.
2. City or village? City… but small ones that you get to know are the best!
3. Beach or Snow? Beach… eating great food with sandy toes….
4. Please complete the sentence: Traveling is like… the biggest box of diverse chocolates in the world, and without those horrible orange creams.
5. What would be your ultimate pocketvillage adventure? Nepal. I’d love to hike to Everest Base Camp via the Gokyo Valley.
Find out more about Intrepid Travel.
Every Monday we are featuring one pocketvillage fan on our Facebook page and blog. Are you our pocketvillage Fan of the Week? We would love to hear from you! Please send an e-mail to with a favourite travel photo (it needs to have you in the image), a description of the photo (a sentence or two) and answers to the above five questions.